What's a simple meal that can satisfy your significant other?
For me- I can be won over easily by steak.
So, I decided to cook a peppercorn steak for my boyfriend, with a few grilled potatoes rubbed in olive oil and herbs.
Recipe for peppercorn sauce:
- ground pepper
- soy sauce
- oyster sauce
- onion (a quarter of one)
- olive oil
- dice the onion and garlic into small pieces
- heat the pan on medium heat and spread a dollop of olive oil on the pan
- first place garlic in the pan, and once it's browned place onion
- once they are both caramelized, add water (depending on how much sauce you want to make) I usually just guess how much water I want, because you can always add more later
- Just like the water, you can decide on how much soy sauce and oyster sauce you want to put in. But if you're unsure, just add 2 table spoons or soy sauce and 1 table spoon of oyster sauce
- add black peppercorn and ground pepper