Thursday, December 12, 2013

Easy Green Curry

Do you sometimes get bored of having the same thing over and over again? I fall into this trap sometimes, because I don't have to think when cooking certain foods, like pasta.

This post is about creating green curry! You could make it from scratch, but if you're like me and want to save some time, I recommend this route.

Warning: I eyeball a lot of what I put in. Yes, this is really bad considering my curry will not be the same each time - but I don't intend on serving this curry to food critics, so I think there is some room for mistake.

Ingredients:

  • 1 table spoon of store bought curry paste - this will definitely cut down cooking and preparation time. I used one that I found at a Asian grocery store, but there are many different curry pastes out there that you could easily get your hands on.
  • Vegetables:
    • 1 eggplant (I usually buy a large one, and just use half)
    • 1 yellow pepper
    • 1 onion
    • 1 table spoon of minced garlic
    • 1/2 cup of bamboo shoots (I get the canned one)
    • Fresh basil
    • 1 lime
  • Meat:
    • 1 chicken breast
  • 2-3 tablespoons of brown sugar (I have coconut sugar, which I find goes amazingly with curry and is not as sweet. You can decide on how much sugar you want, because ultimately, it is your curry)
  • 1 can of coconut milk 250ml (not coconut water)


Instructions:
  1. Cut/dice all the vegetables and meat.
  2. On medium heat, sautée the garlic and then the rest of the vegetables, including basil. Then also add the meat and cook through.
  3. Add a table spoon of the store bought curry paste to the veggie and meat and mix well. (this step may be different depending on the curry paste you purchase)
  4. Add coconut milk, and bring to a boil, then lower the heat to low.
  5. Add sugar.
  6. Enjoy your curry on a bed of rice. You can also garnish with leftover fresh basil and a slice of lime.
I am obviously not a curry expert, but this recipe is pretty quick and it's nice to change up meals once in a while!

Enjoy :)

Bisous,
mooncake

No comments:

Post a Comment