Monday, December 16, 2013

Holiday Sparkle

I have always been a fan of glitter liners. My favourite are the ones from Urban Decay that I bought in a set a few years back. But since the UD liners are so pricey, I recently purchased glitter liners from the Sephora line, which are much cheaper. I have yet to try them out, but I'm sure I'll get to it soon, because glitter is a holiday favourite - whether it be on your nails, eyes, clothes or even your christmas tree.

I am a fan of the Pixiwoo sisters on Youtube. Sam and Nick are funny, extremely likeable, and most of all, they make awesome make-up tutorials. I tried out Nick's recent video called "Affordable Christmas Party Makeup Tutorial".

I find that sometimes I can't always pull off what the Pixiwoo sisters can because of the shape of my eyes. This look is gorgeous, but in the future, I think I'm going to have to tweak it a little so it works for me. My eyelid folds are probably 1/8th of the size of Nick's - which is why having glitter on your top lash line can make it slightly difficult to blink. Regardless, I think it's fun trying out new looks, even if it turns into a disaster or doesn't quite live up to your expectations.




A few notes:

  • I applied a filter - so the colours are slightly off
  • Pardon my 'not so groomed' eyebrows - exams do that to you.
  • My eyelashes are so short that they don't even show in the photos. I wish I was blessed with full lashes and brows - but I guess you just gotta rock whatever you were given.

Bisous,
mooncake


No comments:

Post a Comment