Saturday, December 14, 2013

Le Sélect Bistro

Today I had a little date with my friend at Le Sélect Bistro in Toronto.
We sat at the bar, and the bartenders there were so friendly! I also loved the food and the ambiance. I'm glad my friend suggested this place.



We were given sample sized french onion soup on the house, which was delicious. For our main, I ordered a croque-monsieur and my friend ordered a salade frisée aux lardons as well as a bison steak tartare. Unfortunately my friend finds it weird that I take pictures of food... so I only took two pictures of our food. I personally liked the salad the most, which consisted of chicory lettuce, avocado, pork lardon (sort of like bacon), cherry tomatoes, a poached egg and sherry vinaigrette. It was delicious - I highly recommend it.

The Bison Tartare


I've tried tuna tartare before, but I've never tried bison, not to mention bison tartare. It was good, but I think it's something I'll have to develop a liking for.

The Croque-Monsieur


Of course the croque-monsieur was yummy, but I wished I had ordered the madame with the egg on top. I tried croque-madame for the first time when I was in France several years ago. I'm not sure if Le Select's version measured up to what I remember, but then again I may be a little bit biased - everything French tastes better in France?

Bisous,
mooncake

No comments:

Post a Comment